I tried 10 different blackhead removal products!

Image result for strawberries aesthetic

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading my blog! I've been hoping to give an update for few times in a week, because I've been hoping to share a lot with you!

In Chinese, we sometimes say 草莓鼻 (strawberry nose) for a nose full of blackheads or whiteheads. In the hot weathers of Malaysia, it's really easy for our T-zone to be prone to whiteheads and blackheads!

Since last year, I have been travelling to different countries and tried different products for whitehead/blackhead removal. From Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, and of course, local Malaysian drugstore products and some from random online shopping! I also received some from work, and that makes it at 10 products (if I didn't forget others, and no, home remedies not included)!

Since 10 is a pretty nice number, I thought of sharing my thoughts and verdict on each of them!

So here we go!



#1 My Scheming Blackhead Removal Activated Carbon Mask Set

I got this with a deal of two boxes for 368 Taiwanese Dollar (Approx. MYR's 48 at the time of exchange rate) from a Watsons outlet in Taiwan! Compared to the prices I can find on online stores, it's pretty cheap!

Not to mention, this product's ambassador is Ella, a member of a really popular Taiwanese group called S.H.E. so the product was a great hit during its release!



Image result for ella taiwan blackhead
My Scheming Blackhead Removal Activated Carbon Mask Set


These products comes in set of boxes, where each box has three products labelled with numbers 1, 2 and 3. There is a tutorial on using it too! Products #1 to #3 helps you through the cleaning process, and your skin will feel cared!

You can use this product for your entire face, but in this post, I want to standardize my opinions for the usage on nose area.

Verdict: 4.5/5
- It isn't too costly, and it works pretty well (not perfectly but still good!)
- Pre and Post-skincare to minimize your pores, so you don't need to grab another bottle of product just for pore-minimizing.
- The reason why I didn't give it a 5/5 is because there are areas that still had whiteheads weep (and I low-key hope that products like these comes with an applicator because I hate using my fingers for these kind of products)



#2 Bioglo Clear Pore Deep Cleansing Mask

Mom actually bought this product from Cosway thinking that it's a face wash, so I used this one too! I have absolutely no idea about the pricing, but I don't think it's on the costly side.

Image result for cosway blackhead
Bioglo Clear Pore Deep Cleansing Mask


This product works just like #2 of the My Scheming mask, but the contents felt more liquid-y compared to it. It also only comes with a bottle, so you'll have to do all your pre-skincare and post-skincare after peeling the mask away.

Verdict: 3/5
- Compared to the first one this doesn't clear as much.
- Not to mention this product dries up very quickly even unopened? We had two bottles and one of the bottle contents are already dried to the extent where you can't squeeze the contents out and you could cut them up like a really hard jelly.
- Might have better results if you try opening your pores up with a warm towel before applying this :)


#3 Quickly Whiten Nose Mask

Okay, I actually got this from Mr. DIY in RM9! I actually bought this because I forgot where I've placed my other products (guilty AF) and I feel a strong urge to clean my nose. I have absolutely no confidence in products like these so I didn't have much high hopes on it, either.




Quickly Whiten Nose Mask



This product actually came in a box, and has ten small packages of the mask. It's like having black liquid that is also sticky. In each packet the amount of liquid there could actually be enough for me to apply on more than half of my face (maybe because it's so watery?) and I'm just like "r u sure u r a nose mask" _(:3J

Anyways, the verdict: 3/5
- Surprising enough, it still kinda worked! Not perfectly or as good as the previous few, but it could still pick something up.
- I also gave it a 3 because the price is not bad.
- It's so watery, though. It tends to be super messy later on. /__\



#4 Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Strip

Got this at some promotion day of Watsons earlier of 2017, 10 strips for less than RM10. Also because I don't really trust our local drugstore brand so I was... really skeptical _(:3J
Image result for watsons nose pore strip
Deep Cleansing Nose Pore Strip

Unlike the previous products, this is working as a strip! You wet your nose, then make sure your hands are dry, then apply the sticky side of the strip to your wet nose! Let it on for 15~20 minutes and it should probably be all dried up (and harden too) but if it didn't dry up, wait out for a little more :)

Verdict: 3/5
- It's cheaper than other brands (like the following two)
- It works if it's to pick up really tiny ones, but the larger whiteheads aren't coming out so :(
- A little plus point that the outer packaging is cute but the functionality is what mattered most, though ;__;


#5 KAO Biore Nose Cleansing Blackheads Pore Strips White



Image result for ビオレ 鼻パック 白
KAO Biore Nose Cleansing Blackheads Pore Strips White


I bought this when I moved into my hostel last year, and they did pick up the the blackheads and whiteheads better than the previous strips for sure! (Though to be frank I don't have much blackheads to begin with, but whiteheads have been really troubling) They cost about 400~600 yen (between RM12.50 ~ RM24) and you can also grab them in some drugstores in Malaysia.

Verdict: 3.5/5
- Although they picked up the larger whiteheads pretty well, but somehow the skin around my nose turned dry and flaky.
- Which means you need some post-skincare for sure.



#6 KAO Biore Nose Cleansing Blackheads Pore Strips Black
Image result for ビオレ 鼻パック 黒
KAO Biore Nose Cleansing Blackheads Pore Strips Black


I'd call this a power up version from the white one! The black one has some charcoal content on it. The price was also surprisingly similar to the white one.

Verdict3.8/5
- I don't think it's because it's easier to see what's picked up because of the black color base (because I always look very closely on the strip every time I peel them out), but this one picks up smaller whiteheads (additional to the bigger ones) too!
- If you apply it well you can see it pulling from the corners of your nose too.
- Skin also turned a little flaky so I can't give it a 4 _(:3J



#7 innisfree Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack


Check to full image
innisfree Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack

The first thing I knew was, it's RM13.50 for only six sheets so I was like "This is more expensive than Biore Japan's it'd better work out man" lol but the plus point for this product is that, it has a lavender scent that isn't too strong, and quite pleasant imo so I guess there's where the cost went to?

Just like the previous packs, don't wet the strip wet your nose and apply the strip with dry hands or else it won't work well! (Happened to my friend so it's just a head's up!)

Verdict4/5
- Plus points to the lavender scent, but to me it isn't really necessary because my nose can sometimes be sensitive to not-so-natural fragrance _(:3J
- It pulls out the big and small black and whiteheads pretty well *__*
- For six strips it's defo not on the cheap side but if you are a fan of lavender I don't see why not trying :D


#8 Vietnam Mask Blackhead Whitehead Remover

Okay this is like one of the weirdest purchases I ever had in the past, I got it from Shopee at less than RM5 so I was very skeptical but since the seller said I could use this for months, I was like mkay lemme try one then.

Image result for vietnam mask
Vietnam Mask Blackhead Whitehead Remover


I have no knowledge about this product so I didn't know much about it, either. When it came, the bottle was so tiny I went O______________O THIS LITTLE FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS?

Well actually you could really use it for two months if you are using it for once a week on the nose area. However, for me, I usually use these kind of products on my cheeks and chin as well so it definitely didn't last for more than a month for me. (Not to mention I accidentally spilled some into my sink...)

To use this, you apply the liquid on the areas you wanna pull the black/whiteheads out. Then, before the liquid dries up, use the provided paper to cover the areas you applied the liquid on and wait out until it dries up. You don't have to apply a thick layer, just do it moderately and you are good to go! It'll probably take you about 10 to 15 minutes for it to dry out, but if it takes a little longer it is fine too.

Then all you have to do is to peel them out and be shaken by the results!


Verdict: 4.2/5
- This product smells like glue imo
- But it works so well so higher points wheee
- Not to mention it's also on the cheap scale for sure! (At least at the point when I bought it)
- Deductions for the high possibility to get things really messy
- Your skin will be thirsty for hydration after you peel it off



#9 Narakashiwa Natural Pack 

Once upon a time, I really liked to shop in DAISO in Malaysia. So out of curiosity, I bought this at RM5 (when GST wasn't even introduced lol). It's probably RM5.90 right now thanks to all the taxes that are imposed. Sigh.

Of course, due to the price I'm not even placing hopes for it to work well lol
Image result for blackhead remover gel japan
Narakashiwa Natural Pack from DAISO



The phrase「思い通りです。」would be my answer to how I think about this product. Watery (not as watery as the one from Mr. DIY but still to the watery side) just as expected, didn't work excellently just as expected, and didn't dry quickly, also as expected.

Verdict2.5/5
- Because my pyjamas actually got stained thanks to it and IDK how to wash it off and neither does my mom know how (we tried)
- It can pull some stuff out, but really, don't place too much of your expectations on it
- Well RM5 for a bottle is pretty cheap tho!
- Maybe you can try it out if you are curious or you are a sucker to anything Japanese-related

#10 All Kill Blackhead Remover Stick

This product is so highly rated in online reviews I had to buy it (during the sales LMAO I'm a cheapo too)! I forgot how much the original price was but I definitely paid less than RM30.

All Kill Blackhead Remover Stick by Rire

On average this is definitely the most expensive product in this post compared to the previous nine, but then again, doesn't the idea of not needing to touch and wash sticky liquid makes everything wonderful? :D

And what's more, it lives up with its name because this stick is killin' it! I used it once every three or four days during shower, and wash my face afterwards, and continue with the normal skincare routines. Plus point for exfoliating because my nose feels so smooth I kept on wanting to touch it! X'D

Verdict4.5/5
- It's MAGICAL. No sticky liquid FTW (I am a very lazy person)
- It removes my whiteheads, nose isn't feeling oily for longer hours
- btw it also has some subtle fragrance but IDK what it smelled like
- I don't think I have seen smaller pores yet, though, so I can't give a 5
- online reviews said it can't remove stubborn blackheads but I don't have any I can't say anything about this (I bought it since I don't have stubborn blackheads anyway) :(
- But since it also exfoliates, you might experience dried skin (at least it wasn't giving me flaky nose) so I suggest pairing it up with some hydrating skincare routine if it isn't in your routine.



CONCLUSION
Above is all I feel about the blackhead removal products that I've tried! But please note that everyone's skin conditions are different, what works on me may not work on you, and vice versa! I do not have stubborn blackheads, but my nose is definitely oily so I really liked the All Kill a lot! Though I think that I could also replace it by using other exfoliating face wash for the exfoliating job, so I'll finish whatever that I still have, or try some homemade remedies next time!

Until then, see you next time! ☆

Related Articles

20 comments:

  1. Nice post thanks for sharing
    Try Wrinkle Raiders Cream
    its helpful for removing blackheads, pimples, and for oily face skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great read! If you are suffering from blackheads, try these home remedies for blackheads. They are extremely easy and effective. Also, if someone asks you how to remove blackheads at home, you now have the perfect answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesom! I also tried these home remedies for blackheads and I have now got great results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great read! If you are suffering from blackheads, try these home remedies for blackheads. They are extremely easy and effective. Also, if someone asks you how to remove blackheads at home, you now have the perfect answer!
    blackhead removal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice to see your post!. I like what you wrote in this article.
    I think your article is very helpful about using skin care for me.
    Thank you for sharing your content with us.
    Now you can easily remove blackheads using blackhead remover mask !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the informative post, we can also use Skin Scrubber Electronic facial machine to get rid of blackheads and can have clean and fairer skin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have gone through the products and it was very useful.

    blackhead remover vacuum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been using this blackhead remover creams and found no results. One of my friend had recommended me this black head remover machine and found great results.
    blackhead remover machine

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is a good products. i just used for 2 week's and get rids of blackheads. Thank you
    we can also use best blackhead remover
    blackhead removal tool for good result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess it like is a good product. Thank you for the article about product.
    you can also try this product Comedone extractor
    blackhead removal tool

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, That’s really nice of you that you shared this your skincare routine.Skincare tool that clears clogged pores to give skin a clear and clean look.
    Cleartsy Blackhead Remover is excellent for blackhead extraction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice article .. Charcoal mask one method of blackhead remover another method is using Comedone extractor
    blackhead removal tool Machine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blackhead vacuum remover is an amazing product designed with the latest techniques, having deep cleansing features. The remover sucks stubborn blackheads effectively and removes other impurities, grease, makeup residue from the skin as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog thank you for the wonderful blog 10 methods for blackhead remover For blackhead remover we can use best blackhead vacuum
    blackhead remover machine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charcoal mask is very useful for blackhead removal.. But for for pain less removal we can use best blackhead vacuum
    blackhead remover machine

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for blog.. the best method for blackhead remover is vacuum comedo suction.. its is pain less.. blackhead vacuum amazon
    pore vacuum blackhead remover

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Best Kind of Facial for Blackheads

    ReplyDelete