[Sad Report] LuLuLun Precious White 32 sheets - Maybe getting 7 Sheets would work better?

Image result for lululun precious white


It has been a long time since I blogged, but I am happy to share a couple of great news in life!

1. I got confirmed in my new job!
2. I finally voted my country's current government out of the parliament!
3. I got another bunch of cosmetic products from Japan! ^^
4. I received my JLPT N3 results and I am on the 98.xx percentile!

I think that has summed up major parts of my absence. lol

As per my previous post, I have tried LuLuLun's precious red sheet masks! I absolutely adored these masks so I thought: "Why not I give precious white a try?" and so I grabbed a box of it!

Before buying, I also asked my Japanese colleagues on their feedback and they said that the mask worked really great on them so I hurried myself to grab a box and have it delivered by Amazon JP!

The mask comes in either a packet of 7 sheets, or a box of 32 sheets! The box basically looks as following image!

Image result for lululun precious white

The box of 32 sheets could at least last you a month if you are using 1 sheet of mask per day! For those who don't put on sheet masks on  a daily basis, it could probably last you months and sometimes you might wonder if they would turn moldy after a month's usage (like, nobody wants that, right?).

Since I am currently living in Kuala Lumpur, known for not just the twin towers, but the crazy hot weather and humidity, I've decided to ask my colleagues that have used them in Malaysia, and I received an advice to keep the box in the fridge

IN. THE. FRIDGE??

As surprised as I did because I never placed skincare items in the fridge before, I wanted to experiment a little bit.

So what I did was: 
1. Using the mask for the first two weeks without putting them in the fridge.
2. Putting the mask in the fridge after the first two weeks.
3. Use the mask directly on my face after taking them out from the fridge on the following two weeks.

Disclaimers:
1. I do not have a specific period of the month that will bring a lot acne to my face. They come whenever tf they wanna come because I don't get periods monthly. 
2. Results may not be 100% accurate since I don't really know my hormone levels at each specific point of this 'experiment'.

The results?

During the first two weeks, I realized that there are a couple of flaws on the product. 
1. First couple sheet masks felt kind of dry compared to the Precious Red masks I had (maybe the serum got to the bottom) - One solution is to cover the box properly (ensure no leaking) and flip the box upside down.
2. My skin does not feel as moisturized as compared to LuLuLun Precious Red (I'm a sadgetthi).
3. Pimples popped around my face, especially at the edges of the mask. I do not understand why.
4. The cover started to worry me because it's just a thin layer that you kind of glue them down. 

On the following two weeks, things got a little better!
1. My skin feels more moisturized!
2. Putting masks in the fridge isn't too bad (it helps to contract pores!)
3. The inflammation parts of my cheeks are less obvious (maybe it helps with cooling your skin off too?)

Thoughts? 

Packaging: 3/5
  • The good thing about their packaging is that they create less plastic waste because there are less packaging for each mask - more environmental friendly!
  • The less-good thing about the packaging would be that you will be required to make sure it is properly sealed or else it may turn moldy (for my colleague's case, it did happen to her).
  • As there is also a large amount of masks stacked on top of each other, the bottom sheets are more moisturized compared to the top sheets (so flip them over from time to time!)  
  • The size fits just nice in my fridge's cheese storage area (which is great!), not too big, not too small. 
Moisturizing effect: 3.5/5
  • Compared to LuLuLun Precious red, it just didn't work as well.
  • Works better after putting in the fridge, though!
Main Effect (Aging Care + Translucent): 2.5/5
  • My skin definitely is still far too dull to be looking translucent after a month (lol)
  • To be honest I did not feel a lot of effect on this one. 
Price: 5/5
  • LuLuLun 7 sheets are already affordable, and this is even cheaper (let's not talk about shipping) if you get the chance to purchase in retail stores! 

Overall: 3.5/5 (pls forgive my math)

My Feedback to LuLuLun?


Dear LuLuLun, I love your sheet masks, but here's my suggestion that I hope could make your product better. 

If your masks are going internationally (outside of US and JP), especially to countries that are humidly hot (or even for Japanese summer), try using these covers! They work well on wet tissues, so it would probably work well for the 32-sheet masks too!

Image result for plastic cover got wet tissues

Also, another feedback from me would be that the masks are a little too small for people who have a large face. I really wished that every inch of my face could be covered properly while I won't need to breathe without a small part flopping on and off my nose (but that is a small issue) ^^; It would be great if the sheet masks were just a little wider horizontally. 

Sincerely,
Jin 

---

Extra comments:
  • Perhaps if you wish to try different kinds of masks, 32 sheets are not recommended. I would suggest alternating between different types of masks! Which perhaps, if you like LuLuLun, you can consider alternating between different types of 7 sheet masks!

That's all for today! Pardon my unorganized writing style and thank you for reading! >m<

Until next time! 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment