Canmake Stay-On Balm Rouge - There are Fakes?!

It has been quite some time since I've written but never in my life would I imagine to write a post about fakes!

Image result for Canmake product
Canmake Stay-on Balm Rouge

In my entire bag of cosmetics, it's mostly Canmake because it's my favorite brand. Let's admit it: who doesn't like its cute colors and affordability?

I've recently returned from Japan, but I didn't manage to buy enough as I've spent most of my time sightseeing in Tohoku (new Japan travel blog here! *wink wink*), so I thought of going back to my all-time favorite shopping app - Shopee to find some Canmake products that I've wanted to get a double.

Who would have known that this would be a nightmare??

Original photos of Canmake is being used

First I searched Canmake to see if anyone are selling them, and there were quite a couple of sellers selling the stuff that I wanted! So I've checked on some of them because the price is close to the original price in Japan that I bought in the past (a little too good to be true to begin with) so I got curious and tapped in.

The item shows a series of photos where I can see official, legit-looking photos of the product, which was really nice, but I really didn't believe the pricing so I talked to the seller to see if it's original. (Besides they also sell Etude House products so I bombed them a lot of questions).

The seller is surprisingly honest about her answer, right here:

Every, single item that I've asked are fakes.

I always thought that it wouldn't be difficult to make fake products on Japanese products (how stupid I was) until that very moment, and I'm actually really disappointed because the product, by the time I checked again, actually sold out.

Like, COMPLETELY SOLD OUT.

Bloody hell.

Just looking at this I'm just saddened that people would buy fakes that we don't know what contents they might contain.

If prices are the same as original in Japan, it's pretty much a high chance that they are fake - importing these to your place costs shipping, customs charges/ taxes and they definitely won't be selling these to you at the original price in Japan. 

If you really needed someone to get things for you in Japan there are services available, or use Amazon/ Personal shoppers! 

Don't fall into these bad traps! :( 

Be a smart consumer. 

Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. hi! I couldn't see the picture on your post. I wondered how you found out that your lips balms are fake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry I wasn't notified of your comments, but you can generally distinguish them by the smell, fakes usually have a terrible odor that smells a little like expired vaseline!

      Delete